Sage Bionetworks is seeking an early career accounting professional with experience in the nonprofit sector to join our business operations team. If you are passionate about working in an organization that is mission driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you.
At Sage Bionetworks, you will be an integral part of our business operations team supporting an organization comprised of research scientists, software engineers and designers, and governance professionals working collaboratively on a diverse portfolio of research projects. In this position, you will work with accounts payables and receivables, cash management, budget planning and financial reporting, as well as assist with general business operations. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your business operations acumen and to gain experience in the thriving non-profit life sciences sector.
What you’ll be doing:
- General Ledger Accounting – reviewing, coding and posting transactions using Abila MIP Fund Accounting software
- Working in both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Tracking and invoicing grant related expenses
- Assisting in purchasing
- Assisting with monthly financial reports, as well as with budgeting and cash forecasting
- Assisting in facility management as part of a broader business operations team
- Expanding your skills in the non-profit life sciences sector.
- Supporting diverse teams — including computational biologists, research ethicists, software engineers, and data librarians — working to solve complex scientific problems
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 1-3 years’ experience in an accounting/finance-oriented position
- Non-Profit accounting experience, preferred
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting, preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Interest and commitment to cross-team work and growth opportunities
About Sage Bionetworks:
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research organization founded in 2009. At Sage, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine. Join us and help shape and drive the culture that made Sage the 2nd best place to work in academia in a worldwide survey.
Sage Bionetworks embraces diversity and equity. We are committed to bringing the right talent to our team. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including employer supported health insurance and transportation benefits, and an employer matched 403(B) plan.