Sage Bionetworks is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to developing predictors of disease and accelerating biomedical research through open systems, incentives, and standards. We are currently seeking an experienced administrative professional to provide administrative and programmatic support to our team. If you are passionate about working in an organization that is mission driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you.
At Sage, you will be an integral part of our business operations team supporting an organization comprised of research scientists, software engineers and designers, and governance professionals working collaboratively on a diverse portfolio of research projects. In this position, you will work directly with the team leads to organize events, coordinate meetings and travel, track project related expenses, assist in recruitment and onboarding of new employees, and more. As a member of the Business Operations team, you will have a role in general site operations. In short, this position provides broad exposure to the operations of our organization and requires someone who is comfortable asking questions and learning on their feet, has strong communication skills and a willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your business operations acumen and to gain experience in the thriving non-profit life sciences sector!
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting our research teams, including making travel and meeting arrangements, managing calendars, and assisting in preparing reports and presentations.
- Event planning for Sage sponsored workshops and conferences.
- Serving as a first point of contact to external collaborators and clients.
- Assisting in recruitment through candidate scheduling and communications, and in onboarding and training activities for new employees.
- Assisting in communications, including website maintenance.
- Assisting in facility management as part of a broader business operations team.
- Working across the organization in ways that bring value to a project, which could involve everything from organizing a holiday event to helping in the redesign of space.
We’d love to hear from you if you have the following:
- A minimum of two years’ experience as an administrative assistant or project manager.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and Internet research skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other presentation software.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented with good follow-through.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment with program and technical staff.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
- Able to represent organization in a professional manner.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters.
- Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and applications.
- Experience with WordPress or other web site management software.
- Project management experience.
About Sage Bionetworks:
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research organization founded in 2009. At Sage, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine. Join us and help shape and drive the culture that made Sage the 2nd best place to work in academia in a worldwide survey.
Sage Bionetworks embraces diversity and equity. We are committed to bringing the right talent to our team. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including employer supported health insurance and transportation benefits, and an employer matched 403(B) plan.