We are seeking a Bioinformatics Intern in the Computational Oncology Group for a six-month paid internship. As a member of our team, you will be mentored by senior scientists at Sage Bionetworks to support various research projects in cancer, including DREAM challenges. Benefits of interning at Sage include opportunities to work with a variety of datasets and scientific projects, learn professional software engineering skills in the context of bioinformatics problems, and to further Sage’s mission of promoting open science.
What you’ll be doing:
- Curate and load diverse biomedical data sets using Sage’s Synapse data-sharing platform.
- Prototype and test new services for biomedical data using the Synapse platform, including visualization, documentation, computation, etc.
- Develop and implement standard data quality, formatting and annotation processes.
- Support DREAM challenges by testing infrastructure, providing forum support, and analyzing data.
We would love to hear from you if you:
- Are within one year of completion of Bachelor’s degree in science, math, statistics, or computer science.
- Have experience working with scientific datasets.
- Are proficient in one or more of R, Python, or Matlab.
- Are proficient in computing in a Unix/Linux environment.
Sage Bionetworks offers an hourly salary for this position, rate dependent on experience.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a world-leading nonprofit biomedical research organization in Seattle, WA. We are dedicated to building and supporting open communities of collaborative research in human health and genomics. We are developing multiple initiatives designed to facilitate scientific collaborations and enable direct contributions of ideas and data from citizens to research projects. Sage embraces diversity and equity. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.