We are seeking an adaptable, collaborative person to join the Sage Governance team in supporting Sage’s contribution to the NIH-funded All of Us Research Program and other open science initiatives that sit at the intersection of research, patient/citizen engagement, and technology. This is a project-based role to support research.
The successful candidate will work across multi-disciplinary teams and maintain relationships with a variety of external partners. This will include guiding the review and reconciliation of implementation transactions to ensure compliance with goals, assist with quality improvement, incorporate feedback and build awareness of the project’s status. This position will also support other research collaborations with academic and/or industry partners by developing protocols, writing documentation, tracking implementation, and systematically assessing compliance with applicable research guidelines, ethical standards, and regulations. This position may include one domestic trip per quarter.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Organize and provide critical pre-review of Institutional Review Board (IRB) submissions for the All of Us Research Program and other Sage initiatives.
- Keep the initiative community informed of new features, capabilities, and project directions including foundations of program decisions.
- Create and maintain a knowledge bank to help guide the development and pre-review of IRB submissions for the All of Us Research Program and other Sage initiatives.
- Contribute to developing research protocols, consent documents, and procedures.
- Evaluate internal and external processes related to research submissions, synthesize recommended corrective actions to investigators and staff as needed.
- Retain current knowledge of human research protection and data privacy regulations. Assess impact on projects and develop recommendations for appropriate implementations.
- Maintain compliance with applicable research guidelines and regulations and help with IRB and other regulatory filings.
- BA/BS or equivalent; emphasis on health science, public health, and/or health education preferred.
- Knowledge of principles pertaining to the ethical conduct of research and privacy regulations.
- Project management experience, strong organization skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to read and comprehend research protocols and related documents, identify study parameters and features.
- Critical and independent thinking.
- Excellent communication skills to diverse and sensitive audiences.
- 3+ years supporting research studies investigating human health and disease preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work well in a collaborative team setting.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research organization that is dedicated to building and supporting open communities of collaborative research in human health and genomics. We are developing multiple initiatives designed to facilitate scientific collaborations and enable direct contributions of ideas and data from citizens to research projects.
Sage offers a comprehensive benefits package to bring the right talent to the team. We are based in Seattle, WA and collaborate broadly throughout the world.