At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve our understanding of human health and disease. The technology platform team at Sage is developing open technology systems and tools to serve as a public resource for the scientific community. Our platform has already been used to support a number of high profile scientific studies in oncology, neurodegenerative, neuropsychological, and other disease areas.
Are you the type of person who enjoys engaging with a diverse group of scientists, engineers, and product designers to develop and deliver new technologies? We are recruiting Engineer / IT professional for a full time position or long term contract role who can help scale our infrastructure to support a growing number of users and partners. A key aspect of this role is an emphasis on improving the organization’s security posture relevant to HIPAA and other regulations for managing PHI and other sensitive biomedical research data.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take a lead role in ensuring engineering practices and Sage technology products meet the security, compliance, and quality needs of the organization, and of our partners.
- Lead an effort to meet our increasing regulatory and compliance requirements around management of human health research data under HIPAA and other relevant regulations through formal certification under a program such as HITRUST.
- Represent Sage in interactions with security professionals in our partner organizations, and coordinate interactions with external regulators and auditors.
- Evolve and maintain a continuous automated release process for Sage technology products.
- Define appropriate uptime, performance, and other operational metrics for back-end systems, and develop monitoring and reporting systems to ensure they are met on continuous basis.
- Define and ensure quality standards are met for software releases by developing appropriate test plans and release processes.
- Help define the platform team roadmap and architecture though assessments of external cloud computing services and other technologies.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a BS in relevant technical field.
- Have experience helping organizations meet security and compliance requirements in regulated environments. Prior experience working with biomedical data under regulations such as HIPAA strongly preferred.
- Have at least 5 years of experience provisioning, maintaining, and optimizing use of IT resources for an organization. Proven experience developing and deploying new technologies in rapidly changing start-up environment preferred.
- Are strongly proficient in AWS and other public cloud infrastructures, and have a track record helping organizations migrate or develop services on top of IaaS and PaaS platforms.
- Are proficient in systems administration across a variety of operating systems and environments.
- Are able to effectively manage multiple complex projects in parallel, working with different stakeholders and timelines to meet company objectives.
About Sage Bionetworks:
Sage Bionetworks (www.sagebase.org) is a leading nonprofit biomedical research organization dedicated to improving patient outcomes and furthering our understanding of human diseases. We focus on integrating diverse clinical, genomic, imaging, and real-time sensor data to better predict disease progression and response to interventions. Sage was founded to pioneer open approaches to advancing biomedical research. We are based in Seattle, US and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
- 20 person professional technology development team embedded in a 70 person research institute with world class experts in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, and computational biology
- Entrepreneurial environment and freedom to rapidly develop technological solutions to complex problems
- Collaborative environment working with leading academic and industry partners
Sage Bionetworks embraces diversity and equity. We are committed to bringing the right talent to our team. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including employer supported health insurance and transportation benefits, and an employer matched 403(B) plan.