Sage Bionetworks is currently recruiting a Postdoctoral Researcher to join our Neurodegeneration Research group. This postdoc will contribute to ongoing computational biology research projects within the National Institute on Aging’s Accelerating Medicine Programs- Alzheimer’s Disease (AMP-AD) consortium. The postdoc will provide oversight and guidance in support of AD-consortia research efforts as well as perform and publish independent research. Research areas may include 1) identification of causal variants underlying AD genetic disease risk, 2) developing methods to identify AD subtypes based on integrative data analysis across omic and clinical data, and 3) performing integrated analysis of proteomic and RNA-seq data to build predictive models of protein expression in datasets lacking proteomic data. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about the application of computational biology and technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
- Performing independent research from inception to publication on genetic and genomic contributions to Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Design and develop algorithms for interrogating and interpreting complex genomic data.
- Coordinating collaborative research across multi-investigator working groups.
- Writing documentation and scientific papers for peer reviewed journals and presenting work at scientific conferences.
- Training and mentoring scientists and research associates.
- Ph.D. in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Neuroscience, Computer Science, or related field.
- Experience working with high dimensional genomic data, such as sequencing data, gene expression, genotype, CNV, sequence and/or data from other high-throughput biological technologies.
- Demonstrated excellence in research with evidence of advancing an area of computational biology.
- An understanding of advanced machine learning or statistical techniques, such as probabilistic graphical models, Bayesian inference, and optimization methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for open science, reproducible research, and collaboration.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and remote sensor data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion. Sage Bionetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits to bring the right talent to our team.