At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you excited by the real-world applications of ethics in science? Are you the type of person who enjoys coordinating work across multidisciplinary teams? Do you have the ability to guide product development and drive project completion? Do you like thinking about how data ought to be managed for the benefit of scientists and the public? Does the way your consumer data is managed without your consent make you mad? Do you want to be an integral part of a team that includes computational biologists, research ethicists, software engineers, designers, and data librarians? If so, you could be our next Governance Program Manager!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with internal governance scientists to develop and maintain common processes for ethical/governance assessment across research projects
- Work with project lead(s) to ensure governance review of project proposals, collaborations, DREAM Challenges, and other projects
- Help monitor deliverables and coordinate internal resources to achieve project goals and timelines
- Lead communications efforts to distribute information across project teams inside and outside the organization
- Assist with the planning and logistics of workshops, training and educational activities
- Assist in grant and technical writing
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about health research, research ethics, open science, and collaboration
- Have a BS or other equivalent scientific degree
- Have at least 10 years of experience with 5 years managing programs in a multi-team environment
- Are comfortable working with computational biologist, research ethicists, software engineers, designers, and data librarians.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities
- IRB experience preferred
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a world-leading nonprofit biomedical research organization. We are dedicated to building and supporting open communities of collaborative research in human health and genomics. We are developing multiple initiatives designed to facilitate scientific collaborations and enable direct contributions of ideas and data from citizens to research projects.
Sage embraces diversity and equity. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits, to bring the right talent to the team. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.