At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We are seeking a Research Associate in the Computational Oncology Group. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the scientists and other associates in the Computational Oncology group at Sage Bionetworks to support various research projects in cancer. The work includes the harmonization, analysis, and sharing of biomedical data (e.g. genomic, clinical, and imaging data) across various biomedical research institutions and developing tools to support many of our DREAM Challenges (dreamchallenges.org). Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about the application of technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
What you will be doing:
- Facilitating data curation, management, and sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs
- Supporting research consortia by developing tools, writing documentation, and maintaining project web sites
- Analyzing data from high-throughput molecular screens including RNA-, ChIP-, Exome-, and DNA-seq
- Assisting with the creation of dashboards, visualizations, and other resources for experimental and clinical biologists to explore and leverage data and analysis results
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or related field OR a BA/BS with 2+ years of relevant job experience
- Experience working with large datasets, especially those generated by genomics and medical imaging technologies
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Experience managing data and computing within distributed grid- or cloud-based cluster environments
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git)
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a world-leading nonprofit biomedical research organization. We are dedicated to building and supporting open communities of collaborative research in human health and genomics. We are developing multiple initiatives designed to facilitate scientific collaborations and enable direct contributions of ideas and data from citizens to research projects.
Sage embraces diversity and equity. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits, to bring the right talent to the team. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.