We are seeking a Research Associate in the Computational Oncology Group. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the scientists and other associates in the Computational Oncology group at Sage Bionetworks to support various research projects in cancer. The work includes the harmonization, analysis, and sharing of biomedical data (e.g. genomic, clinical, and imaging data) across various biomedical research institutions and developing tools to support many of our DREAM Challenges (dreamchallenges.org). Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about the application of data science and technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Facilitating data curation, management, and sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs
- Supporting research consortia by developing tools, writing documentation, and maintaining project web sites
- Analyzing data from high-throughput molecular screens including RNA-, ChIP-, Exome-, and DNA-seq
- Assisting with the creation of dashboards, visualizations, and other resources for experimental and clinical biologists to explore and leverage data and analysis results
- MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or related field
- Strong candidates will also be considered with BA/BS with 2+ years of relevant job experience
- Experience working with large datasets, especially those generated by genomics and next-generation sequencing technologies
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Experience managing data and computing within distributed grid- or cloud-based cluster environments
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git)
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks, is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. Sage offers a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits to bring the right talent to the team.