Sage Bionetworks is seeking a Research Associate in our Neurodegeneration Research group. As a member of our team, you will work closely with scientists and developers to develop cloud-based genomics pipelines and other analysis workflows to support high-throughput research on neurodegenerative disorders like Alzheimer’s disease. These workflows will be used in a cloud-based environment to process and analyze data contributed by large external research consortia, so the workflows need to facilitate reproducible research across teams. Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about the application of data science and technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
- Defining, building, and streamlining genomic, proteomic, metabolomic, and other “omic” analysis pipelines using cloud-based platforms.
- Establishing architecture for cloud-based data storage and sharing among research consortia members.
- Working with external research consortia to gather requirements and use cases.
- Writing documentation and providing training for researchers in use of workflows.
- MS in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Enthusiasm for open science and reproducible research.
- Experience analyzing large datasets, especially those generated by genomics and next-generation. sequencing technologies.
- Experience developing and deploying genomics pipelines in cloud-based environments.
- Experience managing data and data sharing within cloud platforms.
- Proficiency in R or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git).
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a non-profit organization located in Seattle and dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of reproducible, open science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and remote sensor data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion. Sage Bionetworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including relocation benefits to bring the right talent to our team.