Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
Our Core Values
- Be intentional – consider solutions from more than one perspective.
- Promote an ecosystem of sharing – with proper attribution.
- Solve specific problems with general solutions – make these available for reuse and adaptation.
- Do trustworthy, impactful work – prioritize outcomes over ego.
- Be bold and willing to experiment.
Read more about our founding…