Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We are seeking an accounting professional with experience in the nonprofit sector to join our expanding business operations team. If you are passionate about working in an organization that is mission driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you. This position is an excellent opportunity to increase your business operations acumen and to gain experience in the thriving biomedical research sector.
At Sage Bionetworks, you will be an integral part of our business operations team supporting diverse teams — including computational biologists, research ethicists, software engineers, and data librarians working collaboratively on a diverse portfolio of research projects. In this position, you will work with accounts payables and receivables, cash management, budget planning and financial reporting, as well as assist with general business operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- General Ledger Accounting – reviewing, coding and posting transactions using Abila MIP Fund Accounting software
- Working in both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Tracking and invoicing grant related expenses
- Assisting in purchasing
- Assisting with monthly financial reports, as well as with budgeting and cash forecasting
- Assisting in facility management as part of a broader business operations team
- Expanding your skills in the nonprofit life sciences sector.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 3 plus years of experience in an accounting/finance-oriented position
- Demonstrated skills in full cycle accounting
- Non-Profit accounting experience, preferred
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting, preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Interest and commitment to cross-team work and growth opportunities