At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by engaging and collaborating with people from a diversity of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
Sage Bionetworks is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to support our research and core services teams. In this position, you will work directly with senior leadership to manage their calendars, coordinate meeting and event logistics and assist in recruitment. Your primary goal will be to maximize overall bandwidth and productivity of Sage executives and their teams. At Sage, you will also be an integral part of our business operations team, interfacing with the finance, grant management, HR, IT and general site operations. As a team, we support a wide variety of stakeholders — including computational biologists, research ethicists, software engineers, and data librarians working collaboratively on a diverse portfolio of research projects.
A successful candidate will be detail-oriented, highly organized, adaptable, self-driven and have excellent communication and time management skills. If you are passionate about supporting an organization that is mission-driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide routine administrative support to research and core services teams. You will be responsible for managing and prioritizing competing tasks via multiple clients.
- Partner with senior leadership to prioritize multiple complex calendars.
- Serve as a first point of contact to external collaborators and clients.
- Partner with administrative colleagues and other stakeholders to plan, schedule and coordinate meetings and events.
- Assist in recruitment through candidate scheduling and communications.
- Partner with business operations colleagues to administer Sage’s travel policy.
- May be asked to provide mentorship, training and cross-coverage to administrative colleagues.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of 4 years experience as an administrative assistant, executive assistant, or a comparable administrative role.
- Have experience providing administrative support to multiple individuals at the same time.
- You are located in the greater Seattle area and have the ability to work onsite on an as-needed basis.
- Have strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills. You can proactively identify and manage responsibilities to multiple stakeholders with minimal oversight.
- Are a critical thinker and problem solver; You are observant of barriers to effective communication and processes, and able to adapt your approach to improve these.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and interpersonal skills in both verbal and written communications.
- Handle confidential matters with sensitivity and professionalism.
- Are driven to maximize the contribution of your position by exploring novel approaches and opportunities for growth.
- Proficiency with G-Suite, preferred.
Essential Job Functions
The cognitive and physical activities described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Sedentary work, prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Repetitive motion, substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
At Sage, we have a distributed workforce and support remote and/or on-site hybrid work arrangements within the United States. All interviews will be conducted virtually unless otherwise communicated.
Sage Bionetworks is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package, competitive to both commercial and not-for-profit life science organizations. The plan includes: health, dental, vision, life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Long Term Disability benefits; paid time off; a retirement plan; flexible spending accounts; a shared incentives plan, voluntary Long Term Care insurance, and other voluntary products. Additional information can found here: Benefits – Sage Bionetworks.
At Sage we engage equitable workplace strategies to ensure fair compensation. Actual compensation is dependent upon current market data, experience, and pay parity within our organization. This position is a Administrative Professional or Career level position, with a compensation range of $58,845 to $78,706.