At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you passionate about making biomedical research more open? Are you interested in guiding the implementation of research guidelines, ethical standards, and regulations to support research collaborations? Are you the type of person who enjoys improving the communication of complex topics such as data privacy or informed consent? A strong reader and writer? Are you happiest when collaborating across multidisciplinary teams? If so, you could be our next Associate Governance Analyst!
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the creation, modification, and implementation of data-sharing models and governance products and tools to be compliant with applicable regulations.
- Develop and maintain effective channels of communication with stakeholders, document stakeholder feedback, evaluate unaddressed needs, and provide recommendations.
- Contribute to writing operating procedures, grants, research protocols, and consent documents.
- Review and synthesize scientific, research ethics, and data governance literature and policies.
- Handle potentially sensitive and confidential data.
- Help with institutional review and other regulatory research filings.
- Occasionally represent Sage Bionetworks at public or scientific meetings.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a bachelor of science or a bachelor of art degree, with a preferred emphasis on health sciences, public health, or health education.
- Understand the principles pertaining to the ethical conduct of research and privacy regulations.
- Can work independently and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Have solid organizational skills and are detail-oriented.
- Are comfortable asking questions and seek guidance from experts as needed.
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing, and are able to connect with a diverse community
- Are open to new perspectives and ideas.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30, will be considered upon request.