At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
Are you passionate about making biomedical research more open? Are you interested in guiding the implementation of research guidelines, ethical standards, and regulations to support research collaborations? Are you happiest when collaborating across multidisciplinary teams? If so, you could be our next Associate Governance Analyst!
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to design and implement data-sharing and governance elements for biomedical research communities.
- Collaborate across the governance, engineering, and design teams to support the development of new platform features to help enable our data governance model.
- Stay up-to-date in research and privacy regulations around biomedical data sharing.
- Manage user access to sensitive data; this may include implementing conditions for data use, granting and troubleshooting user access, and facilitating anonymous manuscript reviews.
- Contribute to writing standard operating procedures, data transfer and use agreements, and consent documents.
- Handle potentially sensitive and confidential data.
- Occasionally represent Sage Bionetworks at public or scientific meetings.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Have a bachelor’s degree (preferred emphasis on biomedical sciences, public health, or health education) and 2+ years work experience.
- Understand the principles pertaining to the ethical conduct of research and privacy regulations.
- Can work independently and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Have solid organizational skills and are detail-oriented.
- Are comfortable asking questions and seek guidance from experts as needed.
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing, and are able to connect with a diverse audience, including engineers and researchers.
- Are open to new perspectives and ideas.
- UX design or engineering experience is welcomed, but not required.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.