At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you passionate about research? Are you the type of person who enjoys figuring out how to apply research findings in the real world? A strong reader and writer? Are you happiest when collaborating across multidisciplinary teams? If so, you could be our next Associate Governance Analyst!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with lead scientists to accelerate applied ethical, legal and social implication (ELSI) research efforts.
- Contribute to writing grants, research protocols, analysis reports, and scientific manuscripts.
- Assist with the collection and analysis of data (principally qualitative), including the synthesis of results and reporting of findings.
- Support the creation/modification/implementation of products/tools consistent with qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Review and synthesize scientific/ethics/data governance literature and policies.
- Handle potentially sensitive and confidential data.
- Help with institutional review and other regulatory research filings.
- Occasionally represent Sage Bionetworks at public or scientific meetings.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a scientific degree such as a BS or BA with scientific experience (e.g., anthropology, psychology); experience with qualitative research methods and data analysis practices preferred.
- Understand the scientific method, including both qualitative and quantitative inquiry.
- Can work independently and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Have solid organizational skills and are detail-oriented.
- Are comfortable asking questions and seek guidance from experts as needed.
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing, and able to connect with a diverse community.
- Are open to new perspectives and ideas.