We are seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst to work in a team environment to support data sharing for large biomedical communities. The work includes the harmonization, analysis, and sharing of biomedical data (e.g., omics, clinical, and imaging data) across various biomedical research institutions. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about the application of technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with a team of bioinformaticians, statisticians, and software developers at Sage to coordinate and manage resource and data sharing efforts among a large consortium of researchers
- Facilitating data sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs by developing tools, writing documentation, curating data, and maintaining project web sites.
- Assisting in the development of standards and protocols for storing, describing, and sharing heterogeneous data (including clinical, genomic, and imaging datasets) and tools
- Developing use cases and requirements to inform the selection of data models and workflows for a variety of biomedical data types.
- Assisting with the creation of dashboards, visualizations, and other resources for experimental and clinical biologists to explore and leverage data and analysis results
- Interacting with collaborators to identify data management needs and respond to requests for data and programmatic support
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant job experience.
- Experience working with large datasets, especially those generated by genomics and biomedical imaging technologies.
- Proficiency in R or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git).
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30, will be considered upon request.