We are seeking a data manager specializing in biomedical data to work in a team environment leading data sharing for large multidisciplinary research communities. The successful candidate will contribute to the collection, harmonization, and curation of clinical and omics data for INCLUDE (INvestigation of Co-occurring conditions across the Lifespan to Understand Down syndromE) and National Cancer Institute (NCI)-funded consortia. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about the application of technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing scientific leadership to develop standards and protocols for storing, describing, and sharing heterogeneous data (including clinical, genomic, and imaging datasets) and tools
- Working with a team of bioinformaticians, statisticians, and software developers at Sage to coordinate and manage resource and data sharing efforts for INCLUDE and other research consortia
- Facilitating data sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs by developing tools, writing documentation, curating data, and maintaining project web sites and/or data portals.
- Developing use cases and requirements to inform the selection of data models and workflows for a variety of biomedical data types.
- Interacting with collaborators to identify data management needs and respond to requests for data and programmatic support
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Library Science, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Experience with clinical data models (e.g. OMOP, CDISC, etc.), ontologies (e.g. HPO, MONDO, NCIt), and clinical data management tools (e.g., REDCap, etc.)
- Proficiency in R or Python. Shiny app experience a plus
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git)
- Experience mentoring and teaching data skills to others