We are seeking a data manager to support a biomedical data resource and collaboration platform for AMP RA/SLE, a public-private partnership studying Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus to develop better treatments. In this role you will contribute to and oversee the curation and distribution of clinical, genomic, and imaging data from the AMP RA/SLE network of researchers. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about collaborative and reproducible research, have experience with the development of data models, data wrangling, and sufficient knowledge of biomolecular research to support the AMP RA/SLE data coordination.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with funders and AMP RA/SLE network research teams to identify data management needs, and respond to requests for data and programmatic support.
- Develop data models, and protocols for storing, describing, and sharing heterogeneous biomedical data.
- Develop a data access portal with support from the Sage platform team.
- Support AMP RA/SLE network investigators through data upload training and documentation.
- Oversee data wrangling and provide guidance in the processing of metadata and data using scripting languages (e.g. R/Python).
- Manage access to sensitive human datasets in collaboration with the Sage ethics and data governance team.
- Contribute your expertise to Sage’s broader data sharing mission.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Library Science, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or Biological Sciences.
- A minimum of 4 years working with life science data (e.g. genomics, imaging, medical data) repositories is preferred.
- Experience with data models and ontologies.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Proficiency in R and/or Python.
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems.
- Great attention to detail and strong communication skills.
- Project leadership experience.
- Ideally you would have experience in the fields of immune related diseases.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
Sage embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to pay parity and making our salary ranges available to all employees. We invite you to apply and we welcome a conversation. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
All interviews will be conducted remotely. Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.
This is a professional level position with a compensation range of $ 100,000 – $118,000. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.