Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you a computational biologist or data scientist with experience analyzing electronic health record (EHR) data? We are seeking a research scientist who will contribute to a number of collaborative efforts in EHR data analysis, including data quality assessment, algorithm development, and benchmarking. The scientist may contribute to organization and analysis of DREAM Challenges.
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform quality assessment for biomedical datasets contributed by external collaborators
- Design and conduct analyses and meta-analyses across multiple datasets
- Summarize research findings in reports, manuscripts, and presentations to collaborators and funders
- Develop new methods, pipelines, and tools for analysis of data in collaboration with external partners (federal, non-profit and industry). Generate preliminary data to support grant applications.
- Collaborate with in-house data curation experts to select and apply data standards to datasets
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, biomedical informatics, statistics, epidemiology, computer science, mathematics, or related quantitative discipline.
- Experience with “real-world” clinical data and clinical models such as OHDSI/OMOP.
- Strong data science skills, with fluency in R and/or Python.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least December 31, 2020. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to December 31, will be considered upon request.