About the Project
AACR Project Genomics, Evidence, Neoplasia, Information, Exchange (GENIE) is a publicly
accessible international cancer registry of real-world data assembled through data sharing
between 18 of the leading cancer centers in the world. Through the efforts of strategic partners
Sage Bionetworks and cBioPortal, the registry aggregates, harmonizes, and links clinical-grade,
next-generation cancer genomic sequencing data with clinical outcomes obtained during routine
medical practice from cancer patients treated at these institutions.
Sage Bionetworks is seeking a biostatistician who will perform retrospective clinical data
analysis with a team of data managers, researchers, project leadership, and strategic
informatics partners. The candidate must be able to work both independently and in a team
environment. The ideal candidate is an experienced and highly organized individual. Once
hired, the candidate’s full effort will be devoted to AACR Project GENIE.
The candidate will use bioinformatic systems to support genomic variant based clinical studies
and to enhance the ability of clinicians, pharmacologists, and molecular biologists to analyze
and interpret real-world genomic and clinical data. The candidate will be required to (1)
collaborate and consult with the staff of the AACR GENIE Coordinating Center and GENIE
Project Sites and (2) develop novel research analyses on topics important to oncology, which
includes but not limited to cancer treatment and patient outcomes including survival and disease
- Master’s or Ph.D. graduate with a degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ years of post-graduate experience in statistical and analytical methodologies including logistic regression, calculating odds/hazard ratios, and survival analyses related to progression-free survival (PFS), overall survival (OS), and other time-to-event patient outcomes
- High proficiency in R required
- Experience conducting analyses in biostatistical and pharmaco-epidemiological methodologies using clinical and genomic datasets a must
- Knowledge of analyzing genomic and clinical data to facilitate drug development (targe identification, resistance mechanisms, efficacy, and/or prognostic/predictive biomarker identification)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Experience in SAS, STATA, Python or SQL nice to have
- Knowledge of clinical oncology concepts strongly preferred
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
Sage embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to pay parity and making our salary ranges available to all employees. We invite you to apply and we welcome a conversation. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely. Sage supports a distributed work environment, and generally provides flexibility to our team members to work on- or off-site.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.
This is a professional level position with a compensation range of $80,975 – $98,000. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.