(Contract Position Onsite or Remote)
This position is eligible to be fully remote as a 6 month contract with the potential to extend or convert to a regular full time position.
At Sage Bionetworks, our worldview celebrates multiple approaches and perspectives. We believe innovation springs from the knowledge we gain by learning from one another. By improving the way researchers collaborate and use data, we help make science more effective, enable new discoveries, and advance biomedicine.
You will support the Bridge team to build tools, technology, apps, and infrastructure to help research participants ethically contribute data to studies, and in return, to share resulting insights with them. In addition, you will support the Web Engineering team to build web applications that help researchers share data and results, host algorithmic challenges, and run studies.
Do you enjoy ensuring software is efficiently and automatically built, tested, and staged for deployment as software engineers make changes? If YES, this role is for you!
Here’s what you will do:
- Work with software engineers to improve automated test coverage of iOS, Android, and Web SDKs and apps. This involves working with both internal development teams and supporting contributions from external teams.
- Extend, maintain, and document the CI tool chain and build-test-release process to ensure efficient testing and feedback on every code commit made by developers.
- Manage the build and release process for apps through various stages of test and production deployment.
- Develop and manage test, staging, and production environments as needed to support the development and release of Sage apps.
- Help ensure development processes occur within the company’s SDLC, and adhere to security and quality standards.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent training with at least 3 years of experience.
- Experience with code versioning and CI systems (Git, Github actions/workflows, Jenkins, Travis…).
- Experience with build – test – deployment processes in the context of Web, iOS, and Android mobile app development.
- Experience developing and maintaining cloud-based infrastructure supporting deployment of web applications, especially AWS
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least January 10, 2022. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to January 10 will be considered upon request.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.