At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We are seeking someone to fill a crucial need in our support of neuroscience communities: collecting, summarizing, and facilitating the sharing of high value data gathered through multiple teams across diverse scientific assays and cohorts. You will work closely with scientists within Sage and the broader research community to support research by implementing data sharing practices that adhere to the FAIR principles of data management (https://www.go-fair.org/fair-principles/).
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintaining research collections for community resources such as the AD Knowledge Portal: https://adknowledgeportal.synapse.org, by working within a team of biologists and data scientists to compile and format large, highly-dimensional data sets.
- Documenting and assisting in the development of metadata standards.
- Educating and onboarding external contributors to enable proper data curation.
- Assisting in the evaluation and implementation of data and phenotype curation tools.
- Streamlining processes and implementing new methods using scripting and statistical programming.
- Creating simple visualizations and dashboards of datasets to facilitate users in understanding their content and value.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about metadata, open data, reproducible science, and collaborative research.
- Have a Master’s degree in a computational field or library sciences, or a Bachelor’s degree in same with a minimum of 2 years experience working with high dimensional data repositories
- Have 2+ years of experience with scripting languages such as Python or R.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Have experience in building dashboards summarizing data
- Proficiency in Linux and Linux-based scripting tools (sed, awk, shell scripts, etc.) preferred