We are looking for a contractor to assist in data curation for the AD Knowledge Portal (AD Portal). The AD Portal is an open repository that shares data from studies on Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and exceptional longevity from several large research teams focused on identifying the causes of, and protective effects against, AD. This is a part-time, contract position.
The data curator will help us with the following:
- Annotate data files with appropriate metadata
- Validate existing metadata annotations
- Provide support for the ingress and distribution of highly-dimensional biomedical data sets coming from NIH supported programs.
- Develop and document metadata standards for sharing datasets under the FAIR guiding principles in coordination with curation staff.
- Develop and document new data formats in coordination with curation staff.
- Document data ingest processes and curation SOPs. Write data release notes. Produce data reports.
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Experience with high dimensional data repositories.
- Experience working with common biomedical data types derived from disease model systems and patients. Experience with gene expression and other omic data is preferred.
- Have an ability to learn about new high throughput biological technologies.
- Have a basic understanding of SQL.
- Is highly organized and has great attention to detail.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.