At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
This position will fill a crucial need in our neurodegenerative disease and other research communities: the support of biomedical data repositories through data curation, the development of data formats and metadata standards. This is a person who understands the complexities of combining heterogeneous biological data sources, the difficulties of standardizing metadata, and the value that these efforts provide in the support of reproducible research.
What you’ll do:
- Work within a team of research scientists, data curators, and outreach and communication specialists to curate, distribute, and publicize highly-dimensional biomedical data sets coming from multiple NIH supported programs.
- Develop and document metadata standards for sharing datasets under the FAIR guiding principles.
- Maintain research collections for disease communities, such as the AD Knowledge Portal (adknowledgeportal.org).
- Streamline and implement new processes for data curation using scripting and statistical programming.
- Manage access to sensitive datasets in collaboration with the Sage governance team.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a master’s degree in computational field, library science, data management, OR a bachelor’s degree in one of the above areas with 3+ years of relevant work experience. A minimum of 2 years working with high dimensional data repositories is preferred.
- Have experience working with common biomedical data types derived from disease model systems and patients. Experience with gene expression and other omic data is preferred.
- Have an interest in learning about new high throughput biological technologies.
Are proficient in a scripting language such as Python or R.
- Have a basic understanding of SQL.
- Are highly organized and have great attention to detail.
- Are able to work individually and within a team.
- Are passionate about open science and collaboration.