At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
This position will fill a crucial need in our disease-specific scientific research communities: collecting, summarizing, and visualizing the data that’s being gathered across diverse scientific domains. You will work closely with scientists within Sage and the broader research community to develop state-of-the-art metadata management systems that suit the needs of this growing group.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and documenting metadata standards to share rare disease data under the FAIR guiding principles
- Educating and onboarding external contributors to enable proper data curation of biomedical datasets
- Maintaining research collections for community resources such as the Neurofibromatosis (NF) Data Portal (http://nfdataportal.org)
- Working with external data consumers to improve discoverability of data in the portal and in our backend system, Synapse (www.synapse.org)
- Managing data access requests for sensitive datasets
- Summarizing data intake and downloads across the community and presenting the results (oral and written presentations) to key stakeholders
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about metadata, open data, reproducible science, and collaborative research
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in library science, data management, or similar, or another scientific degree with commensurate experience.
- Have experience working with common biomedical data types derived from disease model systems and patients
- Are proficient in the use of Python and/or R and their visualization libraries
- Have experience with SQL
- Enjoy building resources to move science forward