At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Designers at Sage help design and build applications and platforms for scientists working on neurodegenerative diseases and oncology research. Our team is responsible for all aspects of product design, including research, large systems thinking, development of interaction models, and interface design.
We are looking for Design Interns with skill sets in one or more of the following:
- Product Design
- UX Research
- Visual Design
This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on product design experience while working on projects that have the potential to make significant advances in the area of human health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with our designers and research scientists on solving systems design problems, and learning to design platforms and applications that last.
- Defining and conducting user research activities for existing projects, and foundational research for new ones.
- Creating feature-level interaction and interface designs for web and mobile applications.
- Participate in all design team activities, such as product design reviews and ideation sessions.
- Working with the developers and product managers to integrate your research findings and UX designs into existing products.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program working towards a degree in interaction design, graphic design, HCI, or a related field.
- Experience with mainstream quantitative and qualitative user research methodologies.
- Portfolio demonstrating work in one or more of the following areas of Design:
- Feature level product design.
- User research study design and execution.
- Visual design for user interfaces.
- Ability to design for different form-factors and application types, including web and mobile applications.
- Ability to work in a fully remote environment, due to Covid-19 restrictions.
- A self-starter attitude with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion.
- A curious, open mind with passion for learning.
- Available for a minimum of 3 months.
- Candidates working towards an MS degree.
- Prior domain knowledge or experience in life sciences.
- Experience with complex systems or platforms.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, and experience working with product teams.
- Demonstrated proficiency with design tools (ex. Figma, our design tool of choice).
We are currently accepting applications for the Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 internship program.