Sage Bionetworks Culture
At Sage Bionetworks, our worldview celebrates multiple approaches and perspectives. We believe innovation springs from the knowledge we gain by learning from one another. By improving the way researchers collaborate and use data, we help make science more effective, enable new discoveries, and advance biomedicine.
The Informatics & Biocomputing (IBC) Team
The IBC team provides technical solutions, making it easier for scientists to get their job done. By partnering with scientists, product managers, and other bioinformatics and software engineers in the larger Data & Tooling group, we tackle projects in cancer and neurodegenerative disease research, clinical informatics, and other healthcare domains. We collaborate with research team members to identify use cases, define data models, implement tools, develop workflows, and manage cloud resources while adopting and promoting standards for open science.
Here’s what you will do:
- Coordinate internal resources to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Work with project lead(s) to coordinate scientific collaborations across multiple academic institutions.
- Collaborate with internal scientists and engineers to develop common strategies and processes for the hosting, curation, and annotation of large clinical and genomic data sets.
- Partner with diverse external teams to maintain common processes across all consortia.
- Lead communications efforts to distribute information across research communities.
- Assist in grant and technical writing.
- Work with the finance department to review budgets and provide guidance to team lead
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- Experience managing design and implementation of collaborative scientific or software projects.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Experience communicating with technical and business experts at various levels. Ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Proficiency in modern business practices and best-of-breed tools for project management.
- Experience working with clinical data, high-dimensional sequencing, or imaging data.
- A PhD in a scientific field (e.g., public health, library science, information management, biomedical informatics, epidemiology) and 2+ years of relevant job experience, a Master’s degree and 5+ years of experience, or a Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of experience .
- At least 3 years of experience managing programs in a matrix organizational structure.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least January 10, 2022. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to January 10 will be considered upon request.
This is a Senior level position on our Science Professional career ladder, with a compensation range of $94,000 to 147,000. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.
This position is eligible to be fully remote. Sage Bionetworks is actively working on policies and plans for the post-COVID distributed work environment.