At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
You’ll enjoy this role if you like to learn about and be involved with a variety of technologies (software, hardware, and networking). We have a moderate sized user base (about 100) and an existing IT support team which you will join. Our users are scientists and data engineers working in disease research along with external collaborators. Our IT team receives a broad variety of requests to set up cloud-based applications to help them in their work, along with more standard laptop and on-site IT support.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide site IT including deskside support, conference room AV configuration, site networking, printer/scanner support.
- Provision, configure and distribute laptop computers (MacOS and Windows).
- Manage a variety of cloud-based applications: configuring, managing licenses, adding user accounts.
- Monitor and respond to tasks submitted through our ticketing system.
We’d love to hear from you if you have a background in the following:
- AA degree or equivalent in information technology, computer science, or a relevant technical area
- 2+ years of experience with cloud applications, deskside support
- Demonstrated ability to master new applications and systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide positive user support experience
- Experience with VPN and site networking, preferred
- Experience with Amazon Cloud, preferred
- Experience with MacOS and Windows deskside support, preferred
- Experience with WordPress, preferred
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.