Sage Bionetworks is currently looking to fill an internship position in our mobile health analytics group. We are actively running large scale mobile based clinical studies that use wearable sensors and smartphones to quantify symptoms of disease and health. If you are looking to build a career in health informatics and want to be part of the mobile health revolution, we would love to hear from you!
The intern will be mentored by staff scientists at Sage Bionetworks, with opportunities to contribute to active mobile health studies. Benefits of interning at Sage include opportunities to work on unique mobile health datasets and scientific projects, learn professional data science and software engineering skills in the context of mobile health, while working on open source projects and engaging in open science. You will analyze real time data streaming from thousands of participant phones and help us design the next generation of research and health applications.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Process and integrate remote sensor data using cloud computing.
- Prototype and test new services for mHealth data including visualization, documentation, and computation.
- Perform signal processing and feature extraction from sensor data.
- Apply supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods to quantify disease.
- Automate the execution of new analysis methods using scripting and statistical programming
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 6-months with a possibility of extension and/or conversion to a full-time position.
- Enrollment in an accredited degree program working towards a degree in bioinformatics, statistics, electrical engineering or a closely-related discipline.
- Fluent programming skills in R, Python or Matlab.
- Experience with computing in a Unix/Linux environment.
- Graduate students are strongly preferred; exceptional junior- or senior-level undergraduates may be considered.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Prior demonstrable experience through coursework or projects in data science, algorithms, remote sensing, signal processing and statistics
- Experience with analyzing time series data in measuring biological processes such as accelerometers, force plates, and heart rate monitors is a plus.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a Seattle, WA based non-profit organization dedicated to advancing biomedical research through the implementation of open and reproducible science. Using cutting edge machine-learning methodologies, in collaboration with scientists around the world, we build predictive models of disease-related phenotypes through integrative analysis of large-scale genomic and imaging data sets. To enhance collaborative efforts, we provide a collaborative compute platform (www.synapse.org) for sharing research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion.