We are looking for a contractor to assist in managing a multi-institution scientific project across a diverse team of scientists, research ethicists, software engineers, and data librarians. This is a part-time, contract position.
The Project Manager will help us with the following:
- Coordinate internal resources to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Work with project lead(s) to coordinate development of new scientific resources across multiple academic institutions.
- Act as liaison between data contributors and internal data engineering staff to define requirements for data hosting and curation.
- Work with internal scientists and engineers to develop common strategies and processes for the hosting, curation, and annotation of large clinical and genomic data sets.
- Lead communications efforts to distribute information across research communities.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific field (e.g., public health, library science, information management, biomedical informatics, epidemiology).
- Project management experience, preferably with software or scientific teams.
- Knowledge of genomic data generation and analysis techniques preferred.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and security standards such as GDPR, HIPAA, and 21 CFR part 11.
- Effective and efficient communication skills for diverse audiences.
- Demonstrate an ability to write clear, detailed technical content.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.