At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with the project leads to set and achieve project objectives. Track project milestones and deliverables; manage changes in timelines; resolve or escalate issues as needed to ensure timely delivery.
- Contribute to development of the strategic vision.
- Develop and execute a strategic communications plan for the project. Manage internal and external communications including among the Sage team, with the project sponsor, and with project participants in the US and abroad. Ensure stakeholder alignment.
- Coordinate and support the activities of the project workstreams including defining business requirements, scheduling and running meetings, setting agendas, taking and distributing minutes, and assigning action items.
- Develop the project plan; develop and maintain project SOPs, and oversee their use and implementation.
- Translate business requirements into platform specifications with associated costs, timelines, and deliverables.
- Assist with hiring and training project staff.
- Manage relationships with all data contributors and consumers. Facilitate user communications and feedback. Address and/or escalate user issues as needed.
- Lead outreach activities that may include data contributor and/or developer meet-ups, representation at scientific meetings, and/or user workshops. Develop documentation, tutorials, workshops, and other training materials for the user community.
- Work with project leads to comply with applicable agreements, data privacy and security regulations.
We’d like to hear from you if you have:
- Experience managing design and implementation of collaborative scientific or software projects.
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations and security standards such as GDPR, HIPAA, and 21 CFR part 11.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Experience communicating with technical and business experts at various levels. Ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Proficiency in modern business practices and best-of-breed tools for project management.
- Experience working with clinical data, and high-dimensional genomic and imaging data.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a scientific field (e.g., public health, library science, information management, biomedical informatics, epidemiology).
- At least 5 years of experience managing programs in a matrix organizational structure.