Sage Bionetworks is seeking a full time project manager to join the digital health research team to work on a large national COVID-19 research project. This is a highly matrixed project that brings together expertise from across the organization including, science, data engineering, software engineering, design and data governance and ethics. Our role in this much larger national project is to curate and disseminate digital health data collected as part of this program. As a non-profit we develop and test social, technical and scientific solutions to foster open practices and enable collaborative research. These solutions include Synapse (synapse.org), a collaborative research platform designed to enable sharing of research insights in a transparent, reproducible fashion in real-time as research is performed. The Project Manager will work both with the internal team as well as a few key external collaborators at different academic institutions and the NIH.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate internal resources to achieve project goals and timelines.
- Gather and document product and data requirements
- Work with project leads and product managers across internal teams and external partners.
- Proactively identify and remove roadblocks to progress for the project
- Maintain and help develop manual of operation
- Manage and help prepare monthly reporting to external funder
- Work with diverse external teams to maintain a common process across all consortia.
- Maintain project plan
- Run project stand-ups to coordinate activities of scientists, data engineers, designers, and developers.
- Establish processes and systems to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Develop and track metrics to gauge project success.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree in science or another data-intensive discipline and 7+ years of work experience or 4+years with advanced degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience as a technical project, product, or program manager
- 2+ experience working directly with technical or product teams, preferably working with iOS, Android smartphones or wearable devices, or ETL and data warehousing processes, or data science applications.
- Effective and efficient communication skills with diverse audiences, including subject matter experts and leadership.
- Ability to write clear, detailed technical reports.
- Experience developing metrics to track project success.
- Past experience using project management tools to support activities such as issue tracking, development processes, and documentation (examples may include Jira, GitHub, or other systems).
- Experience implementing and managing Agile software development practices (preferred not required).
- PMI Certified PMP (preferred, not required).
- Experience working with sensitive and regulated data, especially human health data preferred.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
Sage embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to pay parity and making our salary ranges available to all employees. We invite you to apply and we welcome a conversation. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.
All interviews will be conducted remotely at this time.
This is a senior level position on our Science Professional career ladder. The senior level has a compensation range of $94,778-$148,091. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.