Research Associate – Computational Oncology
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We are seeking a Research Associate in the Computational Oncology group. As a member of our team, you will work closely with the scientists and other associates in the Computational Oncology group at Sage Bionetworks to support various research projects in cancer. The work includes the harmonization, analysis, and sharing of biomedical data (e.g. genomic, clinical, and imaging data) across various biomedical research institutions and developing tools to support many of our DREAM Challenges (dreamchallenges.org). Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic about the application of technology to enable open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research.
What you’ll be doing:
- Facilitating data sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs by developing tools, writing documentation, curating data, and maintaining project web sites.
- Developing data models and workflows for a variety of biomedical data types.
- Setting up cloud computing infrastructure and scoring routines for DREAM challenges.
- Assisting with the creation of dashboards, visualizations, and other resources for experimental and clinical biologists to explore and leverage data and analysis results
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Computer Engineering or related field, or Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant job experience.
- Experience working with large datasets, especially those generated by genomics and biomedical imaging technologies.
- Proficiency in R or Python.
- Familiarity with Linux shell scripting.
- Experience managing data and computing within distributed grid- or cloud-based cluster environments.
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems (e.g. git).