Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you passionate about research on open science tools and initiatives? Do you want to use empirical quantitative and qualitative data to do so? Are you interested in understanding the context and implications of complex issues such as data privacy or informed consent? Are you the type of person who enjoys working across multidisciplinary teams that includes computational biologist, research ethicists, software engineers, designers, and data librarians? If so, you could be our next Research Associate!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with lead scientists to accelerate research efforts on Sage’s open science products/tools through the collection and analysis of stakeholder needs.
- Contribute to writing grants, research protocols, analysis reports, and scientific manuscripts.
- Collect and analyze data, synthesize results, and report to other investigators.
- Support the creation/modification/implementation of products/tools consistent with qualitative and quantitative research findings.
- Review and synthesize scientific/ethics/data governance literature and policies.
- Handle potentially sensitive and confidential data.
- Help with institutional review and other regulatory research filings.
- Occasionally represent Sage Bionetworks at public or scientific meetings.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a BS or other equivalent scientific degree,
- Understand the scientific method, including both qualitative and quantitative inquiry,
- Are able to conduct research with limited supervision,
- Are open to new perspectives and ideas,
- Can communicate with diverse audiences,
- Are self-motivated and can adapt to shifting priorities,
- Are highly organized and detail-oriented,
- IRB experience preferred