Sage Bionetworks is seeking a professional to provide comprehensive administrative support for our research teams. In this position, you will work directly with senior leadership and research leads to manage executive calendars, coordinate meeting and travel logistics, organize events, assist in recruitment, project management, and more. This position focuses primarily on providing support to the research teams but will also include broad exposure to the operations of our organization working in concert with the operations team and administrative colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is comfortable asking questions and learning on their feet, has strong communication skills and is driven to learn and take on new responsibilities. If you are a strategic thinker who is passionate about supporting an organization that is mission-driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you. This is an excellent opportunity to increase your business operations acumen and to gain experience in the thriving non-profit life sciences sector!
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide both routine and ad-hoc administrative support to the research teams. You will be responsible for managing and prioritizing competing tasks via multiple clients.
- Partner with administrative colleagues, project managers, and other stakeholders at all levels to build, implement, and iterate on administrative processes.
- Partner with senior leadership to manage travel, process expense reimbursements, and proactively manage and prioritize multiple complex calendars.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate departmental meetings and events.
- Assist in recruitment through candidate scheduling and communications.
- Partner with principal investigators and the grant management team in preparing materials for grant submissions, proposals and project reporting.
- Participating as part of a broader business operations team, interfacing with the finance, grant management, HR, IT and general site operations.
- Serve as a first point of contact to external collaborators and clients.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience as an administrative assistant, executive assistant, project manager, or a comparable administrative role.
- Have strong planning, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Are a critical thinker and problem solver; You are observant of barriers to effective communication and processes, and able to adapt your approach to improve these.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and interpersonal skills in verbal and written communications.
- Have demonstrated experience thriving in a team environment.
- Handle confidential matters with sensitivity and professionalism.
- Are proficient in a variety of office software platforms, including MS Office and G-suite.
- Competency with a variety of presentation, project management, and video conferencing software platforms is preferred, but not required.
- Project management experience preferred, but not required
This is an associate level position on our operations career ladder, with a compensation range of $56K – $84K. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30, will be considered upon request.