Are you passionate about pushing biomedical research to be more open and effective? We are looking for an individual to lead development of online supporting materials for the Sage Platform, including Synapse, our platform for data sharing and the promotion of large-scale collaborative research, as well as other tools and processes for data sharing developed by our research teams. This is a full-time, one year contract position, with the potential to convert to a permanent full time position assessed at the end of the contract period. Our ideal candidate combines a professional background in scientific & technical writing and development of training programs with a baseline understanding of biomedical research. This is a role in which you will work closely with members of Sage’s design, engineering, research, and governance teams. The successful candidate will be able both to develop materials independently, as well as to serve as a focal point for organizing, editing, and distributing materials provided from others within Sage Bionetworks.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a range of scientific and technical documentation including user guides, case studies, API specs, and training materials. Along with written materials, these may include webinars, video tutorials, and hands-on workshops. Ensure content is always up to date, clear, engaging, and well-organized.
- Assist customer support including fielding incoming support requests and using this information to drive improvements in the documentation and/or technology itself.
- Support the Product Manager in the development and maintenance of effective channels of communication to keep the user community informed on new platform capabilities and other Sage programs, and build compelling, customer-focused content that develops the user community. Support outreach activities that may include developer meet-ups, representation at scientific meetings, and/or user workshops.
- Develop content to promote Sage technology to our target user groups, and assess the effectiveness of customer outreach and retention over time to build the user base.
- Proactively stay informed of changes to Sage technical and scientific services, and adjust training programs accordingly.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- BS, preferably in biomedical sciences, computer science, library and information science, or another discipline related to data-intensive research and/or data management.
- 5+ years in professional technical / scientific writing, with some prior experience working in the biomedical research space.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical collaborators and drive projects to successful conclusions.
- Experience working with agile software development practices, supporting software releases, and supporting the dissemination of technology products.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and balance concurrent priorities
- Ability to occasionally take on small amount of travel (<5%)