At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by engaging and collaborating with people from a diversity of experiences, backgrounds and identities. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
We are seeking an accounting professional with experience in the nonprofit sector to join our expanding business operations team. If you are passionate about working in an organization that is mission driven and affords opportunities for growth, Sage Bionetworks may be a great fit for you. This position is an excellent opportunity to increase your business operations acumen and to gain experience in the thriving biomedical research sector.
What you’ll be doing:
- General Ledger Accounting – reviewing, coding and posting all accounting transactions using Abila MIP Fund Accounting software
- Working in both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Invoicing our project funders, managing deposits, and monitoring receivables
- Monitoring payables, encumbrances, routing payables, and creating ACH batch release files
- Reconcile bank and procurement card accounts
- Administer the company’s payroll benefits partnering with our Human Resources Management System (HRMS) vendor for an organization with a distributed workforce in multiple states. Fund employee benefit accounts as part of the payroll process
- Partner with Finance Director to file company tax returns, including local, state and federal, including 990
- Assist in the preparation of the company’s annual Single Audit, Financial Audit, and IRS 403b
- Tracking grant related expenses per Uniform Guidance working closely with our Grants Management Team
- Assisting in purchasing and managing procurement cards
- Assisting with monthly financial reports, as well as with budgeting and cash forecasting
- Expanding your skills in the nonprofit life sciences sector
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5 plus years of experience in an accounting/finance-oriented position
- Demonstrated skills in full lifecycle accounting
- Nonprofit accounting experience, preferred
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund Accounting, preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Must be committed to cross-team work and growth opportunities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; may stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch
- May require travel dependent on company needs
- Can work under deadlines
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds at times
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to tmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
At Sage we have a diverse distributed workforce and support remote and/or on-site hybrid work arrangements. (with manager approval). All interviews will be conducted virtually, unless otherwise communicated.
Sage Bionetworks is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package, competitive to both commercial and not-for-profit life science organizations. The plan includes: health, dental, vision, life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Long Term Disability benefits; paid time off; a retirement plan; flexible spending accounts; a shared incentives plan, voluntary Long Term Care insurance, and other voluntary products.
At Sage we engage equitable workplace strategies to ensure fair compensation. Actual compensation is dependent upon current market data, experience, and pay parity within our organization. This position is a Senior Level position on our Operations career ladder, with a compensation range of $94,778 to $148,091.