Sage Bionetworks Culture
At Sage Bionetworks we believe innovation springs from the knowledge we gain by learning from one
another. By improving the way researchers collaborate and use data we help make science more
effective, enable new discoveries, and advance biomedicine.
This position is within the Systems Biology Data Coordination Center (DCC). The DCC supports large
consortia in data sharing, collaborative research, and communication about data resources. We are
looking for someone with life science and genomic data wrangling experience that is enthusiastic about
open, collaborative, and reproducible biomedical research to become our next Data Manager.
What you’ll do:
- Interact with funders and collaborators to identify data management needs and respond to requests for data and programmatic support.
- Provide leadership to develop standards and protocols for storing, describing, and sharing heterogeneous data (including clinical, genomic, and imaging datasets) and tools.
- Work with a team of bioinformaticians, tech writers, data tooling and governance specialists to coordinate and manage consortia resources.
- Develop use cases and requirements to inform the selection of data models and workflows for a variety of biomedical data types.
- Facilitate data sharing across collaborating biomedical research labs by overseeing and writing documentation, oversee data curation, and maintaining project data portals.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Library Science, Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years working with high dimensional life science data repositories is preferred.
- Experience with data models and ontologies.
- Proficiency in R or Python.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience with collaborative development and version control systems.
- Project leadership experience.
This is a Senior Professional level position on our Science Professional career ladder, with a
compensation range of $94,000 to $146,000. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
Due to Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely.
This position is eligible to be fully remote. Sage Bionetworks is actively working on policies and plans
for the post-COVID distributed work environment.