At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science
to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We seek a Senior Governance Analyst to lead the development and implementation of participant-centered research governance products and processes.
Are you passionate about working in an organization that is mission-driven? Are you interested in helping research participants make informed decisions? Do you like interpreting research guidelines, ethical standards, and regulations to support research collaborations? Do you enjoy developing practical solutions to complex problems? Are you happiest when collaborating across multidisciplinary teams? If so, Sage Bionetworks may be an excellent fit for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Join the senior governance team responsible for realizing the organization’s governance strategy and advancing team priorities
- Develop new participant-centered research governance concepts and products as an independent contributor responsible for managing up to two direct reports.
- Guide the production of leading models for eConsent, participant-facing materials for research websites, mobile health applications, and other processes, experiences, and tools following company policy, applicable research and privacy regulations, and legal considerations.
- Focus on continuous improvement by collaboratively identifying strategies that deliver participant value, support health equity and diversity, enhance participant experience, and improve operational effectiveness.
- Represent the Research Governance & Ethics values in a multidisciplinary team that develops participant-focused user experiences.
- Develop and maintain an effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders, including participants, researchers, applied ELSI and research governance experts, ethicists, technology developers, and funders.
- Apply learnings and best-practice from relevant fields (e.g., data governance, ELSI research, etc.)
- Remain current with standards and trends in research ethics and data governance requirements for big data analytics and software development.
- Lead and contribute to projects, grants, and manuscripts.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree (preferred focus on health sciences, public health, or health education).
- Have at least five years of experience or mentoring staff performing tasks such as consenting participants in research and communicating research and biomedical concepts.
- Understand research and data privacy regulations and familiarity applying mobile and web-based Terms of Services and Privacy Policies.
- Are familiar with UX interaction design processes.
- Are an excellent communicator verbally and in writing, can write and review governance requirements for software development, and can connect with a diverse audience
- Have solid organizational and project management skills and are detail-oriented.
- Can demonstrate initiative in taking on new projects, work independently, multitask and succeed in a complex and fast-changing environment.
- Are open to new perspectives and ideas.
About the Team:
We are a 9+ person team embedded in a 100+ person research institute with world-class experts in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, computational biology, and technology development.
This is a senior level position on our science professional career ladder, with a compensation range of $93,840 – $146,625. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.