Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to help build new and improve existing applications for a wide range of end users in oncology and neurodegenerative disease space, including research scientists, bioinformaticians, funders, patients, and clinicians.
Design and User Experience play an integral role in our work. Sage Designers work to envision how people experience our product and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined and understandable. In this role, you’ll take on complex tasks and transform them into intuitive, accessible and easy-to-use designs for a variety of users on the Sage platform and associated applications—from the first-time user to the sophisticated expert. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with a variety of stakeholders ranging from internal staff at Sage to international users. At each stage, you will anticipate and validate what our users need, advocate for them and ensure that the final product is effective and delightful to use.
To be considered for this position, you must be able to provide an online portfolio or samples of previous design work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and execute plans to systematically gather user feedback and champion an improved end-user experience through all aspects of the Sage platform and supported applications.
- Collaborate with Product Management to develop and refine user stories and product requirements, and contribute to the overall platform vision and roadmap.
- Create designs of various stages of fidelity, from wireframes to high-fi click-throughs, to support the product development and enable conversations with users and other stakeholders.
- Communicate design goals, timelines, and milestones to internal scientific teams and external project stakeholders.
- Independently lead design effort on multiple projects concurrently.
- Provide guidance to engineering team during development and final product testing, and lead usability and end-user-acceptance testing with external user representatives.
- Mentor junior designers and leveling up their UX, UI and UX Research skills.
- Contribute to the development of the Sage Design System, and share our best design practices and approaches with external partners and funders.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BS in interaction design, graphic design, HCI, or equivalent technical degree
- At least 7 years professional design experience in an individual contributor or team lead role demonstrating experience designing complex systems.
- Portfolio demonstrating all aspects of end-to-end product design, including UX Research, Interaction Design, and finished User Interfaces.
- Proven experience initiating and supporting new products in rapidly changing start-up environments.
- Ability to design for different form-factors and application types, including web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, and experience integrating design work with engineering teams following agile practices.
- Experience with Figma, our design tool of choice.
- Hands-on experience with styling in CSS.
- Prior domain experience in medicine and science, and / or experience developing visual representations of complex quantitative information.