At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
Are you the type of person who enjoys engaging with scientists and researchers across many disciplines? Do you have the ability to break complex technical problems down into manageable pieces, and extract common requirements from disparate sources? Do you want to be an integral part of a team that includes computational biologists, research ethicists, UI/UX designers, software engineers, and data scientists? If so, you could be our next Digital Health Platform Engineer.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working on a team to develop a set of Mobile and Web applications to support both biomedical researchers and study participants.
- Producing software designs that support our product domain model and roadmap.
- Developing back-end services to support better tools for conducting digital health research studies and distributing scientific data.
- Performing testing and operational support for the back-end services (DevOps).
- Interacting with scientists (internal and external), designers, research ethicists, and others to define and clarify requirements.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent.
- Have experience building, deploying, and supporting software in production environments, especially in cloud hosted environments.
- Have versatile and strong programming skills in Java. Experience with Spring and AWS preferred but not required.
- Are able to effectively collaborate with other engineering team members on n-tier architecture and REST API development.
- Are able to effectively work with stakeholders (API consumers) on the design of REST APIs, balancing requirements and long-term viability.
- Have strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Can demonstrate initiative in taking on new projects and multitask and succeed in a complex and fast-changing environment.
About the Team:
We are a 25+ person technology development team embedded in a 90+ person research institute with world class experts in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, and computational biology. This position adds a third server engineer to the smaller of our two product teams.
This is an associate or professional level position on our Engineering Professional career ladder. The associate level has a compensation range of $77,520-$116,280. The professional level has a compensation range of $93,840-$140,760. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and this position will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30 will be considered upon request.