At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
You’ll enjoy this role if your interest is Java programming and also enjoy DevOps, i.e, joining the team in monitoring and optimizing our running platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with product management and key users to understand requirements.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on feature design.
- Implement new features and improve existing ones, following our engineering best-practices for code organization, documentation, testing, and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD).
- Help peer engineers by reviewing code that they write, and by suggesting novel/creative solutions to our technical challenges.
- Analyze performance, optimize and ensure the continued up-time of the deployed system.
- Participate in recruitment, interviewing candidates for full time and internship positions.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent training.
- Strong Java programming skills.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting software in production environments.
- Practical agile development lifecycle experience. Familiarity with software development tools including IDEs (like Eclipse), Jira, Maven, GitHub etc.
- Experience with AWS Services, including CloudFormation, preferred.
- Commitment to test-driven development, CI/CD, and rapid, automated release cycles.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience with Bioinformatics / genomics / biomedical data and use cases, preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases preferred.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.