At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
You’ll enjoy this role if your primary interest is Java programming but you like to use a variety of computer languages and technologies. The position involves some work in Python and also some infrastructure work in the Amazon Cloud, where the core technology is AWS CloudFormation.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with product management and key users to understand requirements.
- Collaborate with fellow engineers on feature design.
- Implement new features and improve existing ones, following our engineering best-practices for code organization, documentation, testing, and continuous integration/deployment (CI/CD).
- Help peer engineers by reviewing code that they write, and by suggesting novel/creative solutions to our technical challenges.
- Analyze performance, optimize and ensure the continued up-time of the deployed system.
- Participate in recruitment, interviewing candidates for full time and internship positions.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent training.
- Strong Java and Python programming skills.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting software in production environments.
- Practical agile development lifecycle experience. Familiarity with software development tools including IDEs (like Eclipse), Jira, Maven, GitHub etc.
- Experience with AWS Services, including CloudFormation, IAM, and Service Catalog preferred.
- Commitment to test-driven development, CI/CD, and rapid, automated release cycles.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Experience with Bioinformatics / genomics / biomedical data and use cases, preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases preferred.
This is an Associate or Professional level position on our Engineering Professional career ladder, with a compensation range of $77,520 – $109,088. Actual level and compensation is dependent upon experience.
This position is eligible to be fully remote. Sage Bionetworks is actively working on policies and plans for the post-COVID distributed work environment.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.