Software Engineering Intern
Sage Bionetworks, Seattle WA
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
We currently have an opening for a Software Engineering Intern to join the technology team responsible for the design, creation, testing, and deployment of the Synapse and Bridge systems. This is a unique opportunity to gain hands on software development experience while working on a project that has the potential to make significant advances in the area of human health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own a software development project adding new features to a Sage platform in areas such as cloud computing, scientific / statistical analysis, data visualization, or mobile health
- Collaborate with a senior engineer mentor in a collaborative environment including team software design and technology review meetings
- Develop experience writing code for and working on a cloud computing platform
- Learn practical professional engineering skills working on a team that utilizes agile development methods
- Work on a small team (~7 people) and gain exposure to the complete software development lifecycle; we deploy new code for our scientist users several times a month
- Write open-source code; your resume can link to your code written during your internship!
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are enrolled in an accredited degree program working towards a degree in computer science or a related discipline with at least one term to finish after the completion of the internship
- Have the ability to commit to a 6 month, full time position
- Have experience with:
- a variety of operating systems including Unix/Linux/Windows
- programming languages (Java, Python. etc.)
- Databases (MySQL, etc.)
- Have some familiarity with software development tools (Eclipse, Maven, Jira Studio, etc.)
- Have strong verbal, written, and organizational skills
- Are a self-starter with the ability to multitask and drive projects to completion
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least December 31, 2020. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to December 31, will be considered upon request.