At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
Are you the type of person who enjoys engaging with researchers, product designers, data and software engineers? Do you have the ability to manage technical projects and ensure diverse teams make effective progress? If so, you could be our next technical program manager for Alzheimer’s disease (AD) research. You will bring your expertise in technical program/product management and a passion for open science and collaboration. You will oversee the continued development of several existing data and results sharing applications for Alzheimer’s disease, including the AD Knowledge Portal and the AD results sharing site, Agora. You will also manage the development and launch of new results visualizers, including an explorer for phenotypic data from mouse models of AD.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with biologists, designers, and software engineers to develop data and results sharing applications to support collaborative research in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Write functional specifications describing requirements for new product features.
- Oversee product roadmaps and recommend prioritization of tasks for teams of scientists, engineers, and designers.
- Establish and implement mechanisms to ensure timely and effective completion of projects.
- Facilitate project stand-ups to coordinate activities of scientists, data engineers, designers, and developers.
- Establish processes and systems to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Lead content generation, technical writing, and documentation efforts.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and feedback on Sage technology to engineering and design teams, incorporating both direct user input and usage metrics to make product development decisions.
- Develop and track metrics to gauge project success.
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Are passionate about open science and collaboration.
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to data-intensive research, or equivalent work experience.
- Have 4+ years of experience as a technical program, product, or project manager.
- Have 2+ experience working directly with technical or product teams.
- Have past experience with data processing and visualization of complex datasets.
- Have effective and efficient communication skills for diverse audiences, including subject matter experts and leadership.
- Demonstrate an ability to write clear, detailed technical content.
- Have past experience using project management tools to support activities such as issue tracking, development processes, and documentation (examples may include Jira, GitHub, or other systems).
- Have a background in biology, bioinformatics, neuroscience, or other life sciences discipline (preferred not required).
- Have an understanding of modern web application architecture, programming tools, and programming languages (preferred not required).
- Have experience implementing and managing Agile software development practices (preferred not required).
Sage embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to pay parity and making our salary ranges available to all employees. We invite you to apply and we welcome a conversation. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least September 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to September 30, will be considered upon request.