As a Technical Program / Product Manager, you will help scientists attack some of the most challenging problems in the world. You will work with our design, engineering, and research teams to manage our development process, understand requirements, design solutions, and ensure a high-quality product. You will be passionate about helping our technology team be efficient in the delivery of software solutions needed by internal and external users of our platform. You are technical and able to write, update, and disseminate detailed specifications as well as help manage an agile development methodology.
What you will do:
- Work directly with software engineers, designers, and product manager to build, refine, and deliver completed features for our software products within established deadlines
- Write functional specifications describing desired features and iterate with scientists, developers and designers to design creative and practical solutions
- Organize and run stand-ups, drive Agile Software Development process, and iterate/improve best practices for software development
- Work with project leads to keep a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders appraised of the state of projects
- Support and manage testing and quality assurance processes for new and existing software
- Track development schedules and effort allocation and manage these against approved resource allocation plans.
- Provide ongoing evaluation and feedback on Sage technology to engineering and design teams, incorporating both direct user input and usage metrics to make product development decisions.
- Demonstrate genuine interest in contributing to and building a great product and outstanding product development team
- In cooperation with other team members, help bring best practices, improve existing processes and improve efficiency
Who you are:
- 3+ years in software program management or project management, including working in agile software environments
- Familiarity with software management tools, including tools for managing agile development process, issue tracking, documentation (examples may include Jira, GitHub, as well as other systems)
- Must have good interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills; able to work effectively with a variety of people in a diverse workforce, including senior leadership and team leads; adaptable to changing work requirements; willing to multi-task; high degree of professional integrity; strong client service orientation
- Experience writing technical specifications from and working with designers and developers, understanding technological vocabulary and processes
- Strong technical skills including demonstrated understanding of modern web application architecture, programming tools, and programming languages
- Desired, but not essential: prior experience working in biomedical research or related fields, in academic or industry settings.
- Strong project/program management background, unparalleled communication skills, and an ability to work with developers, designers, users, and managers to make the best decisions.
- Ability to design processes and methodology to build a repeatable and consistent and painless release framework that will help the team ship software on a predictable schedule
- Ability to handle ambiguity effectively, with grace and handle multiple projects at once.
- Experienced in dealing with direct user feedback and developing processes to improve software quality
- Ability to constantly balance priorities to determine which tasks/deliverables are most critical
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30, will be considered upon request.