At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. We develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. We are working to establish actionable biomedical observations through the reliable analysis and responsible sharing of representative data. By improving the way scientists collaborate and by increasing the reliability of research, we will improve human health.
Are you the type of person who enjoys engaging with scientists and engineers from many disciplines? Do you have the ability to manage complex scientific projects to ensure diverse teams make effective progress? If so, you could be our next Technical Project Manager.
The Informatics & Biocomputing team is responsible for exploring and optimizing software and infrastructure approaches to enable open, reproducible science at Sage Bionetworks and within the communities that Sage scientists support. We develop scalable computational workflows and tools, interoperable data management systems and APIs, as well as other applications and services to facilitate data coordination and team science.
As a member of our team, you’ll support multiple technology development efforts to enable open science initiatives. Ideal candidates will bring expertise in scientific project/product management and a passion for findable, accessible, interoperable, and reusable solutions in biomedical research.
What you’ll do:
- Work with project lead(s) to coordinate scientific collaborations across multiple academic institutions and research communities.
- Work with internal scientists and engineers to develop common strategies and processes for production of applications and services to enable open, collaborative research.
- Establish processes and systems to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Drive and manage product roadmaps and drive priorities for teams of scientists, engineers, and designers to align with the Sage’s strategic plan.
- Develop use cases and requirements to guide improvements to our technology solutions, and partner with designers and community managers to obtain and integrate user feedback.
- Provide leadership for education and outreach activities, and assist in technical writing and documentation efforts.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a BS in biomedical sciences, computer science, library and information science, or another discipline related to data-intensive research and/or data management and 4+ years of relevant job experience, or an MS and 2+ years of relevant job experience.
- You’re passionate about open science and collaboration.
- You have effective verbal, written, and organizational skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of technical and non-technical collaborators and drive projects to successful conclusions.
- You have at least 2 years of project or product management experience, preferably with data-intensive research and/or data management.
- You have experience with software engineering, bioinformatics, and biomedical data coordination.
- You have experience applying agile software development practices, supporting software releases, and developing metrics to drive product success.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least June 30, 2021. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to June 30, will be considered upon request.