Sage Bionetworks Culture
At Sage Bionetworks, our worldview celebrates multiple approaches and perspectives. We believe innovation springs from the knowledge we gain by learning from one another. By improving the way researchers collaborate and use data, we help make science more effective, enable new discoveries, and advance biomedicine.
The Informatics & Biocomputing (IBC) Team
The IBC team at Sage provides technical solutions that make it easier for biomedical researchers and data scientists to get their job done. As part of our team, you will contribute your expertise in project/product management to help deliver quality software solutions to scientists tackling complex problems in cancer and clinical research. You’ll be a technical lead driving product development by defining requirements and overseeing multiple project roadmaps.
Are you passionate about open science and collaboration with scientists and researchers across many disciplines? Being part of a team of computational biologists, research ethicists, software engineers, and data librarians? If so, you could be our next Technical Project Manager.
Here’s what you will do:
- Work with scientists, software engineers, designers, and product managers to build, refine, and deliver completed features for our software products within established deadlines.
- Develop use cases and requirements for new features and iterate with stakeholders and development teams to define creative and practical solutions.
- Manage product roadmaps and evaluate priorities for teams of scientists, engineers, and designers to ensure alignment with Sage’s strategic plan.
- Establish processes and systems to ensure project goals and milestones are achieved.
- Track development schedules and assignments, and manage resource allocation plans.
- Support and manage testing and quality assurance processes for new and existing software.
- With team members, bring best practices, and improve existing processes and efficiency.
- Provide support for education and outreach activities and assist in technical writing and documentation efforts.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BS in a technical discipline such as computer science, biomedical science, library and information science, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years in software program management or project management, including working in agile software environments
- Familiarity with software management tools, including tools for managing agile development process, issue tracking, documentation (Jira, GitHub, Azure DevOps, as well as other systems)
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills and ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce, including senior leadership and team leads.
- Adaptability to changing work requirements; ability to multitask; possess professional integrity; and have a strong client service orientation.
- Experience writing technical specifications and working with designers and developers, understanding technological vocabulary and processes.
- Strong technical skills including demonstrated understanding of client development, workflows, programming tools, and programming languages.
And, also preferred, BUT not required
- Familiar with modern software engineering challenges and existing technological solutions in data science, bioinformatics, and/or biomedical data coordination.
- Can effectively handle ambiguity with grace and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experienced in dealing with direct user feedback and developing processes to improve software quality.
- Ability to balance priorities to determine which tasks/deliverables are most critical.
This is a Professional level position on our Science Professional career ladder, with a compensation range of $73,000 to 115,000. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least January 10, 2022. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to January 10 will be considered upon request.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.