Sage Bionetworks, Seattle, WA
If you are interested in developing web applications that change our understanding of human diseases and improve the lives of patients around the world, consider joining our team of engineers, researchers, ethicists and designers.
At Sage Bionetworks, we believe that we can learn more by learning from each other. By improving the way scientists collaborate, we help to make science more effective. We partner with researchers, patients, and healthcare innovators to drive collaborative data-driven science to improve health. Making science more open, collaborative, and inclusive ultimately advances biomedicine.
What you’ll be doing:
The primary focus of this position is the engineering and support of the web tier of our scientific collaboration and digital health applications. In this position you will:
- Work alongside the Sage UX/UI Design team to understand user needs and how to realize them as web based user interfaces.
- Implement and support the web UI tier.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers as they design web services to support front-end features.
- Analyze the performance of, and optimize the deployed system on an on-going basis.
- Help support the existing applications as a member of our dev-ops team.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other team members on n-tier architecture and REST API development.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting software in production environments, especially in cloud hosted environments such as AWS.
- Practical agile development lifecycle experience. Familiarity with professional software development tools, including issue tracking, source control management, and continuous integration and testing environments.
- Commitment to test-driven development, and rapid, automated release cycles.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
About the Team
We are a 20+ person technology development team embedded in a 80+ person research institute with world class experts in genomics, bioinformatics, statistics, and computational biology.
We care about:
- Providing an entrepreneurial environment and freedom to rapidly develop technological solutions to complex problems.
- Test-driven development, continuous builds, and rapid automated deployments.
- Intra-disciplinary collaboration, with emphasis on creating clean, well-structured code.v
In light of recent concerns of Covid-19, all interviews will be conducted remotely, and most positions will be remote through at least December 31, 2020. The option to work on-site at our Seattle office prior to December 31, will be considered upon request.