At Sage Bionetworks, our worldview celebrates multiple approaches and perspectives. We believe innovation springs from the knowledge we gain by learning from one another. By improving the way researchers collaborate and use data, we help make science more effective, enable new discoveries, and advance biomedicine.
You will be a member of the Web Engineering team building web applications that help researchers share data and results, host algorithmic challenges, and run studies.
Do you enjoy writing web front-end code to support scientific collaboration and digital health applications? If YES, this role is for you!
What you’ll be doing:
- Work alongside the Sage UX/UI Design team to understand user needs and how to realize them as web based user interfaces.
- Implement, extend, maintain, and document the web UI tier.
- Collaborate with back-end engineers as they design web services to support front-end features.
- Analyze the performance of, and optimize the deployed system on an on-going basis.
- Help support the existing applications as a member of our dev-ops team.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent training with at least 4 years of experience.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with other team members on n-tier architecture and REST API development.
- Experience building, deploying, and supporting software in production environments, especially in cloud hosted environments such as AWS.
- Practical agile development lifecycle experience. Familiarity with professional software development tools, including issue tracking, source control management, and continuous integration and testing environments.
- Commitment to test-driven development, and rapid, automated release cycles.
- Strong verbal, written, and organizational skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
About Sage Bionetworks
Sage Bionetworks is a nonprofit biomedical research and technology development organization that was founded in Seattle in 2009. Our focus is to develop and apply open practices to data-driven research for the advancement of human health. Data-driven research has become an important component of biomedicine, but it’s not always easy to understand how to apply computational approaches appropriately or how to interpret their results. Sage believes open practices can help. Our interdisciplinary team of scientists and engineers work together to provide researchers access to technology tools and scientific approaches to share data, benchmark methods, and explore collective insights, all backed by Sage’s gold-standard governance protocols and commitment to user-centered design. Sage is supported through a portfolio of competitive research grants, commercial partnerships, and philanthropic contributions.
Sage embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to pay parity and making our salary ranges available to all employees. We invite you to apply and we welcome a conversation. We are based in Seattle, WA, and collaborate broadly throughout the world.
Sage provides a flexible work environment and will accommodate requests for geographically remote work with manager approval. Sage will also accommodate local employees who choose to work remotely from the Washington area with the option to come into the office on a flexible schedule.
All interviews will be conducted remotely at this time.
This is a senior level position on our Technical & Engineering Professional career ladder. The senior level has a compensation range of $104,308 – $166,892. Actual compensation is dependent upon experience.