Lara Mangravite, PhD, is President of Sage Bionetworks. This organization is focused on the development and implementation of practices for large-scale collaborative biomedical research. Our work is centered on new approaches to scientific process that use open systems to enable community-based research regarding complex biomedical problems. Previously, Dr. Mangravite served as Director of the Systems Biology research group at Sage Bionetworks where she focused on the application of collaborative approaches to advance understanding of disease biology and treatment outcomes at a systems level with the overriding goal of improving clinical care. Dr. Mangravite obtained a BS in Physics from the Pennsylvania State University and a PhD in Pharmaceutical Chemistry from the University of California, San Francisco. She completed a postdoctoral fellowship in cardiovascular pharmacogenomics at the Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute.
Responsible Data Sharing:
- Greenwood AK, et al. The AD Knowledge Portal: A Repository for Multi-Omic Data on Alzheimer’s Disease and Aging. Curr Protoc Hum Genet. 2020 Dec;108(1):e105. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7587039.
- Mangravite LM, Sen A, Wilbanks J, Sage Bionetworks Team. Mechanisms to Govern Responsible Sharing of Open Data: A Progress Report. 2020 Oct 6. DOI: 10.7303/governancegreenpaper.
Open target and drug discovery in Alzheimer’s Disease:
- Mukherjee S, et al. Molecular estimation of neurodegeneration pseudotime in older brains. Nat Commun. 2020 Nov 13;11(1):5781. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7666177.
- Wan YW, et al. Meta-Analysis of the Alzheimer’s Disease Human Brain Transcriptome and Functional Dissection in Mouse Models. Cell Rep. 2020 Jul 14;32(2):107908. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7428328.
Benchmarking Computational Methods and Biological Observations:
- Fourati S, et al. A crowdsourced analysis to identify ab initio molecular signatures predictive of susceptibility to viral infection. Nat Commun. 2018 Oct 24;9(1):4418. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6200745.
- Sieberts SK, et al. Crowdsourcing digital health measures to predict Parkinson’s disease severity: the Parkinson’s Disease Digital Biomarker DREAM Challenge. NPJ Digit Med. 2021 Mar 19;4(1):53. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7979931.
- Pila S, Novack M, Weintraub S, Nowinski C, Kaat A, Mangravite LM, Stoger JN, Slotkin J, Diaz MV, Amagai S, Hosseinian Z. The Mobile Toolbox (MBT): A Completely Remote Platform for Cognitive Research. Neurology Apr 2021, 96 (15 Supplement) 4273.
- Omberg, L, Chaibub Neto, E, Perumal, TM, Mangravite LM et al. Remote smartphone monitoring of Parkinson’s disease and individual response to therapy. Nat Biotechnol (2021). doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41587-021-00974-9
- Omberg L, Chaibub Neto E, Mangravite LM. Data Science Approaches for Effective Use of Mobile Device-Based Collection of Real-World Data. Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2020 Apr;107(4):719-721. PubMed Central PMCID: PMC7158202.
News and Blog Posts
Feb. 4, 2021
Expanding the Community
Oct. 19, 2019
Bringing Open Science to Drug Discovery for Alzheimer’s
March 4, 2019
A Critical Assessment of Open Science