'The people are amazing and I feel privileged to work with them. It's a joy to come here every day.' – Ben
At Sage, we strive for an environment that is welcoming and inclusive, where all voices are heard, and where what we do for each other is as important as the work we do with our collaborators and partners. We are proud of our culture and describe it in a number of ways, including:
- All of our team members have the opportunity to work across multiple projects and across teams. This gives each of us exposure to the inter-connectivity of our domains and the opportunity to work at the intersection of science, technology, design, governance and ethics; to build skills and a knowledge base outside of our own areas of expertise; to have cross team mentors; and to take on leadership roles.
- We designed our space to support how we work, including having hard offices and open collaborative work spaces available to all. We democratized the windows, using the natural light for our shared spaces. We use color and white board walls in all of our offices and shared spaces to facilitate discussion and creative thought.
- We invest in how we spend our time together – through our culture committee we support employee-led initiatives like our Friday seminar series, board game night, running, hiking and climbing clubs, as well as the Ladies at Sage mentoring program.
- Our performance objectives are organization-wide with defined metrics. If, as a team, we meet our objectives, we close our site for a Sage holiday the first week of August. This all-in approach puts our money where our mouth is with regard to taking team work seriously!
- We are powered by our La Marzocco espresso machine, and by the congeniality of our communal lunch tables.
- We offer flexible work arrangements.
- We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefit package, including: health insurance (with a funded high-deductible plan option), an employer-funded 403(b) retirement plan, transportation benefits, paid time off including five personally designated holidays for employees to use in ways that are most important to them.
Located in Seattle
Sage is based in Seattle, where we enjoy the best of all worlds. The mountains, Puget Sound, and countless trails are all nearby. We have a robust arts and dining scene, and premiere sports teams.