Bridge is a technology platform for conducting biomedical research studies primarily using the ResearchKit (iOS) and ResearchStack (Android) frameworks. Bridge is composed of HIPAA-compliant web services and multi-language SDKs that facilitate the following:
- Registration and informed consent to participate in research
- Web-based tools to design and schedule study surveys and sensor-based tasks
- Acquisition and secure transfer of multiple data types (surveys, sensors, audio, video, or custom data types)
- A study management portal with daily dashboard updates
- De-identification and storage of study data in our collaborative data science environment, Synapse
Bridge has been in active use since Day 1 of the ResearchKit and ResearchStack frameworks and it facilitates many ongoing research studies including the mPower mobile Parkinson Disease study and the cross-platform Mole Mapper Melanoma Study.
Researchers interested in developing apps using this service should check out our Bridge Developer Portal for documentation, tutorials, and links to code repositories. Researchers wanting assistance with the design or execution of a mobile research study should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.